Saturday, January 2, 2010

unbefawqinglevieble!

Might be time, already, to take a break from playing online poker. It's been a while since I've had a good ole fashioned bitch-fest, but I think this is deserving of it.

I've played in 3 tournaments in the past 24 hours, and have taken some pretty ridonkulous bad beats. The first 2 both happened on hand #2 of the tournament.

Bad beat #1: I have QQ, get all-in preflop against JJ, the river brings a Jack, and I'm done.

Bad beat #2: I have AA, get all-in on the flop vs QQ and JJ, with a board of 4-6-8, the turn brings a Jack. Amazingly, because the other 2 players played the first hand and both lost, I got credit for the kill and collected the knockout bounty, and was eliminated a few hands later.

Bad beat #3: I'm getting somewhat short-stacked and need to make a move, so UTG I push all-in, and get one caller, from the player beside me. Amazingly, he called almost 50% of his stack with 10-J, and my A-J is looking pretty good... until the flop. The flop is 10-J-6, and his 2 pair are ahead... until the turn. An Ace on the turn makes me a HUGE favorite now...until the river. A miracle 2-outer hist, a 10 on the river, he makes a full-house to beat my 2 pair.

Stupid poker.

No comments: