Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Results of the dress test...

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure that dressing differently had any impact, but then again, I didn't exactly get any cards to make an impact with. I finished 9th out of 20 people, but I did managed to pull off a nice bluff early on. Making my opponent fold AK with a flop of K-4-2, I held 43 from the BB.

I thought I was ahead, and bet out on the flop. He re-raised, but it felt like he was just trying to steal the pot from me, hoping his Ace high was still good, so I re-re-raised. Not sure my clothing had any impact, as less than 30 minutes earlier, I told that particular player how I was going to play very tight and aggressive. He figured me for trips or 2-pair, but either way, I got very lucky there.

Overall, I'm not sure this one tournament was enough of an experiment to say if the clothes affect the play, so I'll give it another try next time, maybe even get a few decent cards to work with so I can have more in-depth analysis. I really was card-dead all night, it's pretty amazing I finished 9th.

No comments: